Thursday 18 June 2015

Traveling to Lisbon

Today I went to Lisbon with two friends as a holiday. We thought, since our flight was going from Vienna, we already sleep in Vienna the night before so we don't have to get up early and hurry and reduce unexpected delays and so on. So we were really good in time, actually we were ready an hour before we had to leave. But like always, that was exactly the moment, when the unexpected stroke. I was just cleaning my glasses, when one temple broke. It was exactly 30 minutes before we had to leave to the airport. The most frustrating part was that I couldn't even see what was broken because my glasses were broken.

Gladly, we were somewhere in Vienna, so I hurried to the next Hartlauer. Unfortunately, the staff there was really unfriendly and didn't want to help me because they had other customers, so I found an optician very close who told me that this temple can't be fixed. But he offered me to put the glasses into another fitting and if he does not have any customers, he probably will be ready in 30 minutes. So I could just wait and see if I would have working glasses in Lisbon. I was lucky - the glasses were ready and now I have new glasses. I don't know why but stuff like this always happens directly before going on vacation.

So in the evening we arrived at Lisbon and we were really impressed. At the river it smells like sea and it is so warm and the whole city is loaded with beautiful old buildings like castles and palaces and so on. You can sit beside the river and buy a beer at a boat that is now a bar. There is this impressing elevator connecting the upper part of the inner city with the lower part. Everywhere there are mountains and on each mountain there is something great. People seem to be very happy. It is a little like Barcelona (big city at the sea) but better.

We will have a look at all the great places in Lisbon the next days, so today just some impressions for you. Tomorrow we will go to the west coast of Portugal and see what it has to offer, but I already love Portugal.





No comments:

Post a Comment